Health & Fitness
8 Magical Spices That Can Heal You From Within
Ayurveda has solely been using plants and herbs since ages to cure all kinds of ailments. But our generation isn’t as patient as our ancestors were and we prefer pills that give instant relief over natural remedies. It’s time to go back to our roots and make use of some magical spices that have amazing healing properties and that provide relief in a healthier way.
1) Clove oil is rich in Eugenol, a component that fights infections. Including cloves in our daily diet can also boost immunity, improve digestion and help fight cold and cough.
2) Cinnamon has the highest antioxidant content amongst all other spices. Turmeric may help relieve arthritis-related symptoms as curcumin present in turmeric blocks all the enzymes causing pain and inflammation in the body.
3) Black pepper is rich in micro-nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin K, iron and vitamin C. Due to its high vitamin C content, black pepper is a very effective antibiotic. Black pepper is also high in piperine. Piperine helps in better bowel movements and also helps prevent digestive and excretory system infections.
4) The queen of spices, cardamom has an array of health benefits and is more than just a flavor enhancing spice. Cardamom is one of the best cures for urinary tract infections.
5) Cinnamon oil has anti microbial properties also helps prevent tooth decay and reduces bad breath.
6) The bitter and pungent ajwain seeds used in every Indian household are a miraculous remedy for several common ailments. Thymol, an ingredient present in Ajwain, gives it antimicrobial properties hence, making it effective against cold and congestion.
7) The pungent spice asafoetida, also known as hing in India, is actually native to Afghanistan. Hing is also a very effective remedy for dry or whooping cough or even for bronchitis.
8) Cumin seeds are rich in fiber, hence they help improve the activity of the gastrointestinal tract and act as a natural laxative. Just take some roasted jeera powder and mix it with honey. Take this mixture on an empty stomach to get rid of constipation.